Millennium EMS Solutions Ltd. (MEMS) is looking for a reclamation specialist with a directly applicable Bachelor’s degree or Diploma with emphasis on reclamation or soil science to join the MEMS Remediation and Reclamation team. A minimum of three to five (3-5) years of directly related experience in the execution and management of site assessments and reclamation, focusing on the oil and gas industry is required. Knowledge and experience with the 2010 Reclamation Criteria and Guidelines as well as the Tier 1 and Tier 2 Remediation Guidelines would be an asset. Knowledge of the current reclamation certificate application process and a strong understanding of agricultural, forestry and oilfield practices would be valuable. Preference will be given to those candidates who have strong oral and written communication skills, and experience tracking and managing projects and costs. The successful candidate must have a strong attention to detail, be willing to travel, have an excellent safety attitude and be able to work effectively both independently or in a team setting. Participation in field assessments in remote areas with difficult terrain and under extreme weather conditions could be required. In addition, the successful applicant will need to possess a valid, non-GDL Class 5 Drivers license. The successful applicant must also be eligible for membership in a relevant professional organization, such as AIA, ASPB, CAPF or APEGA.
Reports to: Senior Reclamation Specialist
Based at: Sherwood Park, AB
Job Purpose: To work as part of MEMS Remediation and Reclamation Team in the execution of site assessments and reclamation for upstream oil and gas sites in Alberta and B.C. This full time position requires a combination of office and field work (30/70 split) in a demanding consultative environment.
The position includes the following responsibilities:
- Planning, managing and implementing field programs, evaluating collected information; preparing professional reports, and ensuring quality assurance and quality control.
- Field programs can include, but not limited to, Phase 1 ESA site visits, leading Phase 2 ESAs, supervising remediation projects, performing pre-reclamation assessments, vegetation monitoring, site maintenance, full reclamation earthworks, and conducting detailed site assessments.
- Completing file reviews and reporting of Environmental Site Assessments, including but not limited to Phase 1 and 2 ESA reports, remediation reports, detailed site assessment reports and reclamation certificate application compilation.
- Development and tracking of cost estimates based on project requirements and client needs.
- File compilation, organization of field data, and interpretation of laboratory results.
- Participating in technical and safety programs quality assurance and quality control.
- Coordination and supervision of contractors including heavy equipment for reclamation/remediation earthworks.
- Support the remediation and reclamation discipline and actively pursue opportunities to promote the development of the discipline; and
- other duties as assigned.
MEMS is a dynamic environmental consulting company offering outstanding opportunities and long-term career advancement. Currently we employ over 140 employees in various disciplines including, hydrogeologists, engineers, soil scientists, foresters, vegetation ecologists, auditors, biologists, air quality experts, regulatory analysts and reclamation specialists. MEMS utilizes an integrated approach that emphasizes cross training of disciplines to allow for efficiencies in data collection and assessment and provides MEMS professionals with enhanced technical skills. Go to www.mems.ca for more information.
MEMS offers an excellent benefits program, extra time banking and a performance bonus program. Please send your resume with a covering letter/email referencing the position number and title to the attention of Human Resources at email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.