Experience: Millennium EMS Solutions Ltd. (MEMS) is looking for environmental professionals with an applicable degree or diploma in environmental or biological sciences. A minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience as an environmental monitor or inspector in a construction environment is required. Preference will be given to those candidates with knowledge of the environmental management process (i.e., approvals, construction, mitigation and reclamation), proven experience with field data collection and ability to safely work in remote environments. Training and experience in erosion and sediment control and experience in the operation of equipment such as UTVs and trailers would be an asset. The successful candidate must be self-motivated with a strong work ethic and be able to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary setting. MEMS’ presents opportunities for the incumbent to work in a team of senior scientists, biologists and regulatory professionals on projects across a variety of jurisdictions.
Reports to: Senior Project Manager
Based at: Calgary, AB
Job Purpose: The position is primarily field based and is available immediately. The duties include the following responsibilities:
- Reviewing compliance with environmental permits, regulatory requirements, approvals and project environmental protection plans.
- Implementation of environmental mitigation plans.
- Soil salvage monitoring.
- Clubroot assessment and management experience.
- Vegetation and wetland assessment and mitigation.
- Completing pre-construction bird sweeps and amphibian salvage.
- Monitoring water quality and overseeing or undertaking fish salvage.
- Spill response, waste characterization and management.
- Reclamation supervision and post construction reclamation assessment experience.
- Liaising with contractors and clients at sites.
- Data management and data entry using MS access databases.
- Preparation of daily reports and safety documentation; and
- perform other duties as directed by your supervisor.
MEMS is a dynamic environmental consulting company offering outstanding opportunities and long-term career advancement. Currently we employ over 140 employees in various disciplines including, hydrogeologists, engineers, soil scientists, foresters, vegetation ecologists, auditors, biologists, air quality experts, regulatory analysts and reclamation specialists. MEMS utilizes an integrated approach that emphasizes cross training of disciplines to allow for efficiencies in data collection and assessment and provides MEMS professionals with enhanced technical skills. Go to www.mems.ca for more information.
MEMS offers an excellent benefits program, extra time banking and a performance bonus program. Please send your resume with a covering letter/email referencing the position number and title to the attention of Human Resources at email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.