Millennium EMS Solutions Ltd. (MEMS) is looking for an Environmental Risk Assessor with a minimum of 2 years of directly related experience, preferably in a consulting environment, with a M.Sc. Degree. Knowledge and experience with relevant provincial legislation is a requirement. Preference will be given to those candidates with strong writing and interpersonal skills, organizational abilities and technical competency. The successful candidate must be self-motivated with a strong work ethic and be able to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary setting. Participation in field assessments including remote areas with difficult terrain and under extreme weather conditions could be required. In addition, the successful applicant will need to possess a valid Class 5 Drivers license.
Reports to: Environmental Scientist
Based at: Alberta
Job Purpose: To work collectively in a high‐performance team that values innovative and focused solutions to complex contaminated Site assessment and remediation projects. The primary objective of this team is to provide clear and concise direction to project managers and clients with regards to progressing contaminated sites to eventual regulatory closure using risk‐based approaches. The duties include the following:
- Identify risk‐based opportunities using a combination of established and leading‐edge tools and resources for Site closure.
- Provide an open, transparent, positive and future focused support network within the Environmental Risk Assessor team.
- Assist in the development of internal quality control measures for validating risk‐based option analyses.
- Assist in the development of site‐specific remedial objectives for the protection of human and ecological receptors.
- Assist in developing human health and ecological risk assessments, and risk management plans.
- Compiling and interpretation of data collected during field programs.
- Evaluate and identify data gaps in historical and current datasets and provide recommendation to close said data gaps.
- Assist in developing work plans and cost estimates for Phase 2 ESA’s and remediation projects.
- other duties as assigned.
MEMS is a dynamic environmental consulting company offering outstanding opportunities and long term career advancement. Currently MEMS employs over 140 employees in various disciplines including, hydrogeologists, engineers, soil scientists, foresters, vegetation ecologists, auditors, biologists, air quality experts, regulatory analysts and reclamation specialists. MEMS utilizes an integrated approach that emphasizes cross training of disciplines to allow for efficiencies in data collection and assessment, and provides MEMS professionals with enhanced technical skills. For more information visit our website www.mems.ca.
MEMS offers an excellent benefits program, extra time banking and a performance bonus program. Please send your resume with a covering letter/email referencing the position number and title to the attention of Human Resources at email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.