MEMS has extensive expertise with environmental regulatory processes for all phases of project development. Working with our clients, we have a long track record of successfully obtaining approvals for construction, operation, maintenance, decommissioning, remediation and reclamation projects for a wide-range of industry sectors, including mining, oil sands, oil and gas, petrochemical, power and infrastructure.
Our expertise and project management experience will assist the client in developing innovative strategies to address environmental regulatory requirements through:
- effective stakeholder engagement and consultation (both regulatory agencies and the public);
- identifying and focusing on important environment issues;
- setting priority issues and providing value added solutions;
- determining an appropriate level of environmental significance and protection needs;
- confirming adequate information is available for project approval; and
- ensuring project timelines are met and budgets are maintained in meeting regulatory requirements.
We offer a full range of services associated with both the environmental impact assessment process and environmental processes for municipal, provincial and federal jurisdictions, including:
- scope of work and project budgets;
- project management;
- site selections for facilities and facility infrastructures;
- route selection for alignment or corridor developments;
- prepare Terms of Reference documents for environmental studies;
- prepare Public Disclosure documents;
- develop and implement environment management systems;
- develop public engagement and consultation programs;
- preparations for regulatory hearings;
- liaison with regulatory agencies;
- planning for land and resource use;
- risk assessment;
- risk management; and
- development of specific mitigation measures.