Millennium EMS Solutions Ltd. (MEMS) is looking for a Business Operation Manager to lead in the diversification of MEMS’ services in the Grande Prairie Region. Responsibilities also include management of staff resources to support current and future services delivery. The incumbent will have a blend of skills and experience in areas of; environmental consulting in Alberta and British Columbia, operational management, collaboration and teamwork, and client interaction/development.
This individual will have a relevant bachelor’s degree and fifteen to twenty years’ experience preferably in a consulting environment. The ability to establish strong relationships with existing and potential clients while having a strong business acumen and understanding changes that affect market conditions and client spending is required. Knowledge and experience in the execution of environmental assessment for upstream oil and gas, commercial, industrial or other projects with an advanced understanding and experience with relevant provincial and federal legislation is considered an asset.
Reports to: VP Clients and Business Services
Based at: Grande Prairie, AB
Job Purpose: This position is primarily office based in a consultancy environment and is available immediately. The duties include the following responsibilities:
- Developing and maintaining direct contact with clients and stakeholders, primarily within northwestern Alberta and northeastern BC.
- Supporting the preparation and execution of marketing and business development plans.
- Engage in client development activities within the greater Grande Prairie (Peace River/East Peace) region. This includes actively engaged in community and industry events to promote MEMS and the services we provide to traditional and diversified markets.
- Enhancing MEMS client relationships and reputation within the region for superior service and technical quality.
- Assist in the presentation on technical subjects/project experience presentations or proposals to existing and new clients with technical support as required.
- Acquiring industry and competitor insight that will allow MEMS to leverage our competitive advantage or develop new strategies and tactics to differentiate MEMS from our competitors.
- Work in conjunction with Human Resources and current team to address local growth of talent.
- Continue to promote a strong Health, Safety and Environment and Wellness culture.
- Responsible for work prioritization and the distribution of technical resources for the local delivery of services in alignment with corporate priorities.
- Partnering with teams across the organization to support the sharing of resources and aiding in workload balancing; and
- other duties as assigned.
MEMS is a dynamic environmental consulting company offering outstanding opportunities and long-term career advancement. Currently we employ over 140 employees in various disciplines including, hydrogeologists, engineers, soil scientists, foresters, vegetation ecologists, auditors, biologists, air quality experts, regulatory analysts and reclamation specialists. MEMS utilizes an integrated approach that emphasizes cross training of disciplines to allow for efficiencies in data collection and assessment and provides MEMS professionals with enhanced technical skills. Go to www.mems.ca for more information.
MEMS offers an excellent benefits program, extra time banking and a performance bonus program. Please send your resume with a covering letter/email referencing the position number and title to the attention of Human Resources at email@example.com.