Millennium EMS Solutions Ltd. (MEMS) is looking for an Environmental Scientist to work as part of the MEMS Assessment and Risk Team in the management and execution of environmental assessments and remediation projects for clients through Western Canada. The successful candidate must have a high level of technical, project management and leadership expertise. Advanced level knowledge and experience with relevant provincial legislation, understanding of the environmental site assessment process and application of risk based approaches is required. A minimum of 7 years of directly related experience in environmental site assessment and remediation, preferably in a consulting environment. Must have excellent communication skills, organization skills, strong analytical and problem solving skills. Professional membership (e.g. P.Ag., P.Geol. or equivalent) is required.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated with a strong work ethic and be able to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary setting. Possess a valid, non-GDL Class 5 Drivers license.
Reports to: Senior Environmental Scientist
Location: Calgary, AB
Job Purpose: This position is primarily office based in a demanding consultative environment. This position is available immediately and duties include the following responsibilities:
- assessing project requirements and client needs for the development, preparation and management of work plans, budgets and implementation schedules;
- developing work plans and costs estimates for Phase 2 ESA’s and remediation projects as part of management of an overall client portfolio. The development of these work plans must integrate site specific risk based solutions;
- synthesize published and site specific information to present a concise interpretation of the site conditions and develop a conceptual site model to assist in understanding and communicating key site issues;
- planning, organizing and overseeing the execution of Phase 1 and 2 ESAs and remediation projects, including soil and groundwater assessments;
- compilation and interpretation of the data collected and report writing;
- full sign-off authority on project deliverables;
- mentor staff on the completion of reports, supervision of ESAs and remediation projects/sub-contractors, technical report writing;
- execute all aspects of the project in accordance with the contract and ensuring quality of processes and deliverables;
- provide regular and accurate tracking of incurred costs and forecasts of costs and completion milestones in cooperation with the accounting team;
- manage projects of medium to high complexity including multiple disciplines, sub-consultants and regulatory requirements; and
- communicate effectively with clients and internal personnel as required, including within multidisciplinary teams.
- other duties as assigned.
Millennium EMS Solutions Ltd. (MEMS) is a dynamic employee-owned environmental consulting company offering outstanding opportunities and long-term career advancement. Currently MEMS employs over 150 staff in various disciplines including, hydrogeologists, engineers, soil scientists, foresters, vegetation ecologists, auditors, biologists, air quality experts, regulatory analysts and reclamation specialists. MEMS utilizes an integrated approach that promotes collaboration across technical disciplines. For more information about Millennium see www.mems.ca.
MEMS offers a competitive benefits program, extra time banking and a performance bonus program with consistent returns. Please send your resume with a covering letter/email referencing the position number and title to the attention of Human Resources at email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.