Millennium EMS Solutions Ltd. (MEMS) is looking for a full-time entry-level assessment professional with a directly applicable Bachelor’s degree. A minimum of 1 year of directly related environmental site assessment and remediation experience in a consulting environment is preferred. Knowledge and experience with relevant provincial and federal legislation and familiarity with the environmental site assessment process would be assets. Preference will be given to those candidates who can complete fieldwork, have strong writing and interpersonal skills, organizational abilities and technical competency. The successful candidate must be self-motivated with a strong work ethic and work effectively in a multi-disciplinary setting. Participation in field assessments in various land uses, including urban settings to remote areas with rugged terrain and extreme weather conditions, is required. In addition, the successful applicant possesses a valid, non-GDL Class 5 Drivers license, and must be able to meet the requirements of site access as dictated by our clients; this may include pre-access drug testing and pre-access fitness testing.
Reports to: Senior Environmental Scientist
Based at: Grande Prairie, AB
Job Purpose: The position requires a combination of office and fieldwork (30/70 split) in a consultancy environment. This position is available immediately, and duties include the following responsibilities:
- Providing field support for ESA’s and remediation projects, including soil and groundwater assessments, with on-site mentoring of senior field staff.
- Undertaking groundwater monitoring and sampling for various facilities.
- File compilation, collection of and organization of field data, interpretation of laboratory results and report writing.
- Completion of file reviews, site inspections and preparation of Phase 1 Environmental Site Assessment reports.
- The ability to work independently or in a team setting; and
- the ability to make responsible decisions with the support and mentoring of senior staff.
MEMS is a dynamic environmental consulting company offering outstanding opportunities and long term career advancement. Currently, MEMS employs over 130 employees in various disciplines including, hydrogeologists, engineers, soil scientists, foresters, vegetation ecologists, auditors, biologists, air quality experts, regulatory analysts and reclamation specialists. MEMS utilizes an integrated approach that emphasizes cross-training disciplines to allow for efficiencies in data collection and assessment and provides MEMS professionals with enhanced technical skills. See www.mems.ca for more information.
MEMS offers an excellent benefits program, extra time banking and a performance bonus program. Please send your resume with a cover letter/email referencing the position number and title to the attention of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.