Millennium EMS Solutions Ltd. (MEMS) is looking for a Reclamation Project Manager to work as part of the Remediation and Reclamation team to manage and execute environmental remediation and reclamation projects for clients throughout Western Canada. A minimum of 3-5 years of directly related environmental site assessment and remediation experience in a consulting environment is preferred. The successful candidate will have a directly applicable Bachelor’s Degree. Knowledge and experience with relevant provincial and federal legislation and familiarity with the environmental site assessment process would be assets. Preference will be given to those candidates who can complete fieldwork, have strong writing and interpersonal skills, organizational abilities and technical competency. The successful candidate must be self-motivated with a strong work ethic and work effectively in a multi-disciplinary setting. Participation in field assessments in various land uses, including urban settings to remote areas with rugged terrain and extreme weather conditions, could be required. In addition, the successful applicant must be eligible for membership in a relevant professional organization, possess a valid, non-GDL Class 5 Drivers license, and must be able to meet the requirements of site access as dictated by our clients; this may include pre-access drug testing and pre-access fitness testing.
Reports to: Senior Environmental Scientist
Based at: Grande Prairie, AB
Job Purpose: The position requires a combination of office and fieldwork (80/20 split) in a consultancy environment. This position is available immediately, and duties include the following responsibilities:
- Assessing project requirements and client needs for the development, preparation and management of work plans, budgets and implementation schedules.
- Developing work plans and costs estimates for projects including; remediation, pre-reclamation assessments, vegetation monitoring, site maintenance, full reclamation earthworks, and detailed site assessments to manage an overall client portfolio.
- Synthesize published and site-specific information to develop an interpretation of the site conditions, understand and communicate key site issues.
- Planning, organizing and overseeing the execution of remediation and reclamation projects;
- Compilation and interpretation of the data collected and report writing.
- Mentor staff on completing reports, supervision of ESAs, remediation and reclamation projects and management of sub-contractors.
- Execute all aspects of the project following the contract and ensuring the quality of processes and deliverables.
- Provide regular and accurate tracking of incurred costs and forecasts of costs and completion milestones in cooperation with the accounting team.
- Manage numerous projects of low to medium complexity, including sub-consultants and regulatory requirements.
- Communicate effectively with clients and internal personnel as required, including within multidisciplinary teams; and
other duties as assigned.MEMS is a dynamic environmental consulting company offering outstanding opportunities and long term career advancement. Currently, MEMS employs over 130 employees in various disciplines including, hydrogeologists, engineers, soil scientists, foresters, vegetation ecologists, auditors, biologists, air quality experts, regulatory analysts and reclamation specialists. MEMS utilizes an integrated approach that emphasizes cross-training disciplines to allow for efficiencies in data collection and assessment and provides MEMS professionals with enhanced technical skills. See www.mems.ca for more information.
MEMS offers an excellent benefits program, extra time banking and a performance bonus program. Please send your resume with a cover letter/email referencing the position number and title to the attention of Human Resources at email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.