Millennium EMS Solutions Ltd. (MEMS) is looking for a remediation professional with a directly applicable Bachelor’s degree to join MEMS Assessment and Risk team. A minimum of 3 to 5 years of directly related experience in remediation, preferable in a consulting environment, is required. Knowledge and experience with relevant Alberta and British Columbia provincial and federal legislation and familiarity with the environmental site assessment process would be an asset. Preference will be given to those candidates who are capable of completing field work, have strong writing and interpersonal skills, organizational abilities and technical competency. The successful candidate must be self-motivated with a strong work ethic and be able to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary setting. MEMS presents opportunities to be crossed trained in other areas of MEMS technical disciplines and provides mentoring in the application of Tier 2 guidelines and site-specific risk assessments. Participation in field assessments in a variety of land uses including urban settings to remote areas with difficult terrain and under extreme weather conditions could be required. In addition, the successful applicant will need to possess a valid, non-GDL Class 5 Drivers license. The successful applicant must also be a member or eligible for membership in a relevant professional organization.
Reports to: Environmental Scientist
Based at: Grande Prairie, AB
Job Purpose: The position requires a combination of office and field work (30/70 split) in a consultancy environment. This position is available immediately and duties include the following responsibilities:
- Planning, organizing and the completion of field programs for ESA’s and remediation projects, including soil and groundwater assessments.
- Coordinating and working with contractors to implement ESA and remediation projects.
- Accurate field cost tracking of expenses and contractors.
- File compilation, organization of field data, interpretation of laboratory results and report writing.
- Preparation of reports including BC assessments, CoR part 1 applications, Tier 2 guideline modifications or application of site-specific guidelines for remediation.
- Ability to work independently or in a team setting.
- Ability to make responsible decisions with the support and mentoring of senior staff; and
- other duties assigned.
MEMS is a dynamic environmental consulting company offering outstanding opportunities and long term career advancement. Currently, MEMS employs over 130 employees in various disciplines including, hydrogeologists, engineers, soil scientists, foresters, vegetation ecologists, auditors, biologists, air quality experts, regulatory analysts and reclamation specialists. MEMS utilizes an integrated approach that emphasizes cross-training disciplines to allow for efficiencies in data collection and assessment and provides MEMS professionals with enhanced technical skills. See www.mems.ca for more information.
MEMS offers an excellent benefits program, extra time banking and a performance bonus program. Please send your resume with a cover letter/email referencing the position number and title to the attention of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.