Millennium EMS Solutions Ltd. (MEMS) is looking for a full-time Senior Contaminant Hydrogeologist with a M.Sc. degree with a minimum of 10 years’ experience, preferably in a consulting environment. Knowledge and experience with relevant provincial and federal legislation, familiarity with the environmental assessment process and risk based approaches are required. Preference will be given to those candidates with strong writing and interpersonal skills, organizational abilities and technical competency. The successful candidate must be self-motivated with a strong work ethic and be able to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary setting.
Reports: VP Projects
Location: Sherwood Park, AB
Job Purpose: To work within MEMS Contaminant Hydrogeology team and actively support the MEMS Assessment and Risk team in the completion of hydrogeology assessments for clients throughout Western Canada. This position requires primarily office work in a demanding consultative environment with minor field work
- scope and manage the execution of hydrogeological studies to support assessment, remediation, risk management or exposure control projects, including the following responsibilities;
- provide technical direction, oversight, mentoring and implementation in the development of conceptual site models and file reviews;
- manage data preparation and provide technical direction for the completion of mass balance, transport or other calculations or inputs for the development of numerical groundwater models.
- act as senior review for contaminant hydrogeology work.
- generate risk based recommendations based on the conclusions of hydrogeological assessments.
- proven contaminated sites expertise is required in the following areas:
- compiling complex datasets;
- building appropriate conceptual site models that assist in understanding and communicating key site issues; and,
- developing creative solutions to manage challenging contaminated sites.
- expertise in risk assessment or groundwater modelling, or both would be advantageous.
- cooperating with all MEMS project technical staff in the delivery of hydrogeology services to clients
- communicate with clients and internal personnel as required.
- work independently or in a team setting and the ability to make responsible decisions.
- promote hydrogeology staff career development, enthusiasm and enjoyment with their technical area of expertise including direct mentorship and career development of hydrogeology project staff.
- contribute to technical resources and training to improve internal aspects (quality, capacity, efficiency) of the hydrogeology group.
- participating, as required, in staff recruitment for the practice area and promoting MEMS externally.
MEMS is a dynamic environmental consulting company offering outstanding opportunities and long-term career advancement. Currently we employ over 140 employees in various disciplines including, hydrogeologists, engineers, soil scientists, foresters, vegetation ecologists, auditors, biologists, air quality experts, regulatory analysts and reclamation specialists. MEMS utilizes an integrated approach that emphasizes cross training of disciplines to allow for efficiencies in data collection and assessment and provides MEMS professionals with enhanced technical skills. Go to www.mems.ca for more information.
MEMS offers an excellent benefits program, extra time banking and a performance bonus program. Please send your resume with a covering letter/email referencing the position number and title to the attention of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.