Experience: Millennium EMS Solutions Ltd. (MEMS) is looking for a full time intermediate assessment professional with a directly applicable Bachelor’s degree. A minimum of six to eight (6-8) years of directly related experience in environmental site assessment and remediation in a consulting environment is preferred. Knowledge and experience with relevant provincial and federal legislation and familiarity with the environmental site assessment process would be an asset. Preference will be given to those candidates who can complete field work, have strong writing and interpersonal skills, organizational abilities and technical competency. The successful candidate must be self-motivated with a strong work ethic and be able to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary setting. Participation in field assessments in a variety of land uses including urban settings to remote areas with difficult terrain and under extreme weather conditions could be required. In addition, the successful applicant must be eligible for membership in a relevant professional organization, possess a valid, non-GDL Class 5 Drivers license; and must be able to meet the requirements of site access as dictated by our clients, this may include pre-access drug testing and pre-access fitness testing.
Reports to: Senior Environmental Scientist
Based at: Lloydminster, SK
Job Purpose: The position requires a combination of office and field work (70/30 split) in a consultancy environment. This position is available immediately and duties include the following responsibilities:
- Proposal preparation including assessing project requirements and client needs, scope definition and risk assessment of the project, and development of an appropriate execution plan.
- Planning, organizing and executing or overseeing ESA’s and remediation projects, including accurate cost tracking of expenses and contractors;
- Compilation and interpretation of field and published data, interpretation of laboratory results and report writing or providing direction to others in the preparation of reports;
- Executing all aspects of the project in accordance with the contract and ensuring quality of processes and deliverables.
- Providing regular and accurate tracking of incurred costs and forecasts of costs and completion milestones in cooperation with the accounting team.
- Developing and maintaining direct contact with clients and stakeholders.
- Participation in MEMS’ active safety program and culture.
- Supervise and mentor junior staff; and
- Other duties as assigned.
MEMS is a dynamic environmental consulting company offering outstanding opportunities and long-term career advancement. Currently we employ over 140 employees in various disciplines including, hydrogeologists, engineers, soil scientists, foresters, vegetation ecologists, auditors, biologists, air quality experts, regulatory analysts and reclamation specialists. MEMS utilizes an integrated approach that emphasizes cross training of disciplines to allow for efficiencies in data collection and assessment and provides MEMS professionals with enhanced technical skills. Go to www.mems.ca for more information.
MEMS offers an excellent benefits program, extra time banking and a performance bonus program. Please send your resume with a covering letter/email referencing the position number and title to the attention of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.