Job Purpose: The successful candidate will provide expert fit-for-purpose air quality assessments and services through interaction with MEMS’ regulatory managers, client project managers and client engineering consultants. The incumbent must have a thorough knowledge of air modelling guidelines used in Alberta, Saskatchewan and British Columbia. The preferred candidate will have at least five years of experience (5+ years) in air quality assessments and dispersion modelling working in resource-based industries including mining, oil and gas, oil sands and petrochemical in support of environmental impact assessments and regulatory approval applications. The successful applicant will have considerable expertise in industrial air quality modelling and industrial air emissions inventorying and reporting. Project management experience is an asset.
Reports to: Discipline Lead, Air Sciences
The successful candidate will perform and/or lead the following activities:
- running complex dispersion models such as CALPUFF/CALMET and AERMOD, and managing air dispersion modelling projects;
- conducting air quality-related project work, including ambient air quality data analysis, air emissions inventory for a variety of industries and source types, and report writing;
- contributing to the preparation of proposals, cost estimates, work scopes, and execution plans;
- technical skill in a related area: emission estimation, programming, QA/QC, monitoring, GHG auditing would be an asset;
- familiarity with Tier 1 and 2 Guidelines, Risk Management Plans would be considered an asset;
- mentoring and training other air quality professionals; and
- other duties as assigned.
- excellent communication and work organization skills;
- thorough understanding of the principles behind dispersion modelling;
- strong project management skills; and
- strong mathematical, analytical and problem-solving skills.
MEMS is a dynamic environmental consulting company offering outstanding opportunities and long-term career advancement. Currently we employ over 140 employees in various disciplines including, hydrogeologists, engineers, soil scientists, foresters, vegetation ecologists, auditors, biologists, air quality experts, regulatory analysts and reclamation specialists. MEMS utilizes an integrated approach that emphasizes cross training of disciplines to allow for efficiencies in data collection and assessment and provides MEMS professionals with enhanced technical skills. Go to www.mems.ca for more information.
MEMS offers an excellent benefits program, extra time banking and a performance bonus program. Please send your resume with a covering letter/email referencing the position number and title to the attention of Human Resources at email@example.com.