Education and Experience: The preferred candidate will have ten to fifteen years of experience (10 to 15 years) in executing or managing projects in a range of air quality services such as air quality assessments and dispersion modelling, noise and air quality monitoring, emission inventories regulatory reporting, audits, and verifications. A proven ability to establish strong relationships with existing and potential clients and a strong business acumen to recognise and develop business opportunities within the area of air quality services are required to be successful in this position. Project management skills are highly desirable. Experience working in resource-based industries including mining, oil and gas, and petrochemical in support of environmental impact assessments and regulatory approval applications is considered an asset. The successful applicant will have appropriate knowledge of industrial air quality modelling and industrial air emissions inventorying and reporting. Along with air quality regulations, an understanding of environmental management policies and the National Pollutant Release Inventory is required. Competency in dispersion modelling platforms including AERMOD and CALPUFF, as required according to project and client requirements.
Reports to: VP Client & Business Services
Job Purpose: The successful candidate will develop and maintain direct contact with clients and stakeholders to grow existing and new business lines for MEMS’ air services team. The successful candidate will oversee the delivery of expert fit-for-purpose air quality assessments and services through interaction with MEMS’ regulatory team, client leads and technical staff. Millennium EMS has built a reputation for working with our clients to provide exceptional service and value. The ideal candidate will be energetic, dynamic, and inspired by collaboration. This leader will build on an already reliable, responsive, and technically strong team to expand our services and client portfolio.
The successful candidate will perform and lead the following activities:
- managing the delivery of complex dispersion models such as CALPUFF/CALMET and AERMOD, and managing air dispersion modelling projects;
- developing and managing air quality-related projects, including ambient air quality data analysis, air emissions inventory for a variety of industries and source types, and report writing;
- preparing proposals, cost estimates, work scopes, and execution plans;
- technical skill in a related area(s): emission estimation, programming, QA/QC, monitoring, GHG auditing would be an asset;
- experience in interpreting and applying regulatory requirements; and
- other duties will include mentoring and training other air quality professionals.
- excellent communication and work organization skills;
- thorough understanding of the principles behind dispersion modelling;
- strong project management skills;
- strong mathematical, analytical, and problem-solving skills;
Millennium EMS Solutions Ltd. (MEMS) is a dynamic environmental consulting company offering outstanding opportunities and long-term career advancement. Currently, MEMS employs over 130 employees in various disciplines including, hydrogeologists, engineers, soil scientists, foresters, vegetation ecologists, auditors, biologists, air quality experts, regulatory analysts, and reclamation specialists. MEMS utilizes an integrated approach that emphasizes cross-training of disciplines to allow for efficiencies in data collection and assessment and provides MEMS professionals with enhanced technical skills. For more information about Millennium, see www.mems.ca.
MEMS offers an excellent benefits program, extra time banking and a performance bonus program. Please send your resume with a cover letter/email referencing the position number and title to the attention of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.