Education and Experience: This position requires a highly organized individual to multitask and work towards tight deadlines. The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or an acceptable combination of education and relevant experience required. Previous experience with a minimum of 5 years of direct work experience in software development is required. This position requires advanced knowledge of web design/application principles and tools. Previous experience in the consulting industry is considered an asset. The successful candidate must be –motivated with strong interpersonal skills and work in a fast-paced environment. This position also requires the ability to work on cross-function teams in both leadership and member roles.
Reports To: Director, Technology and Information Systems
Location: Calgary, AB
Job Purpose: This position is primarily responsible for the development of applications for the collecting, storing, and accessing of environmental data for both Millenniums’ internal use and Millenniums’ clients using modern Microsoft development tools and practices.
- Design and implement a diverse suite of reliable, high performing and usable windows, web, and mobile applications to enhance MEMS’ operations and our clients’ experience.
- Develop and maintain databases (MS SQL Server).
- Display initiative in research, proposal and development of tools, technologies and techniques.
- Maintaining legacy Web Forms and Windows Forms applications.
- Maintain confidentiality and effectively deal with sensitive information.
- Remain organized with the ability to multitask.
- Communicate and document new processes and procedures resulting from integrated systems management and services changes within the computing environment.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively within a multi-disciplinary team and
- Perform other duties as directed by your supervisor.
Millennium EMS Solutions Ltd. (MEMS) is a dynamic environmental consulting company offering outstanding opportunities and long-term career advancement. Currently, MEMS employs over 130 employees in various disciplines including, hydrogeologists, engineers, soil scientists, foresters, vegetation ecologists, auditors, biologists, air quality experts, regulatory analysts, and reclamation specialists. MEMS utilizes an integrated approach that emphasizes cross-training disciplines to improve data collection and assessment efficiencies and provides MEMS professionals with enhanced technical skills. For more information about Millennium, see www.mems.ca.
MEMS offers an excellent benefits program, extra time banking and a performance bonus program. Please send your resume with a cover letter/email referencing the position number and title to the attention of Human Resources at email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.