Millennium EMS Solutions Ltd. (MEMS) is looking for a Project Manager to join our Remediation and Reclamation team to work on brownfield, industrial and/or commercial projects, primarily in urban environments. A minimum of 5 to 7 years of directly related environmental site assessment and remediation experience environmental site assessment and remediation experience is required, preferably in a consulting environment. The candidate’s experience must include coordinating earthworks remediation activities, soil management, and water management within an urban setting. Knowledge and experience with relevant provincial and federal legislation and familiarity with the environmental site assessment process are assets. Preference will be given to candidates capable of completing field work, strong writing and interpersonal skills, organizational abilities and technical competency. The successful candidate must be self-motivated with a strong work ethic and work effectively in a multi-disciplinary setting. MEMS presents opportunities to be crossed trained in other MEMS technical disciplines and provides mentoring in the application of Tier 2 guidelines and site-specific risk assessments. The successful applicant will need to hold a valid, non-GDL Class 5 Drivers license and must be able to meet the requirements of site access as dictated by our clients, which may include pre-access drug and fitness testing. The successful applicant must also be a member or eligible for membership in a relevant professional organization.
Reports to: Environmental Scientist
Based at: Calgary, Alberta
Job Purpose: The position requires a combination of office and fieldwork (70/30 split) in a consultancy environment. This position is available immediately, and duties include the following responsibilities:
- Assessing project requirements and client needs for the development, preparation and management of work plans, budgets and implementation schedules.
- Developing work plans and costs estimates for projects including; remediation, pre-reclamation assessments, vegetation monitoring, site maintenance, full reclamation earthworks, and detailed site assessments to manage an overall client portfolio.
- Synthesize published and site-specific information to develop an interpretation of the site conditions, understand and communicate key site issues.
- Planning, organizing and overseeing the execution of remediation and reclamation projects;
- Compilation and interpretation of the data collected and report writing.
- Mentor staff on completing reports, supervision of ESAs, remediation and reclamation projects and management of sub-contractors.
- Execute all aspects of the project following the contract and ensuring the quality of processes and deliverables.
- Provide regular and accurate tracking of incurred costs and forecasts of costs and completion milestones in cooperation with the accounting team.
- Manage numerous projects of low to medium complexity, including sub-consultants and regulatory requirements.
- Communicate effectively with clients and internal personnel as required.
- Ability to work independently or in a team setting and the ability to make responsible decisions with the support and mentoring of senior staff; and
- other duties assigned.
MEMS is a dynamic environmental consulting company offering outstanding opportunities and long term career advancement. Currently, MEMS employs over 130 employees in various disciplines including, hydrogeologists, engineers, soil scientists, foresters, vegetation ecologists, auditors, biologists, air quality experts, regulatory analysts and reclamation specialists. MEMS utilizes an integrated approach that emphasizes cross-training disciplines to allow for efficiencies in data collection and assessment and provides MEMS professionals with enhanced technical skills. See www.mems.ca for more information.
MEMS offers an excellent benefits program, extra time banking and a performance bonus program. Please send your resume with a cover letter/email referencing the position number and title to the attention of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.