Millennium EMS Solutions Ltd. (MEMS) is looking for a Technical Support Specialist to provide support to the Grande Prairie team. A minimum of four years of directly related experience in executing and managing site assessments and reclamation, focusing on the oil and gas industry, would be an asset. The candidate must have a strong understanding of agriculture, forestry and oilfield industry, including associated practices and sciences. In addition, the candidate will have a keen understanding of the life cycle of upstream oil and gas and the main stages and process involved (Phase I, Phase II, remediation, reclamation and RCAs), along with an understanding and experience with the application of Tier 1 and basic Tier 2 criteria. The successful candidate must be self-motivated with a strong work ethic and work effectively in a multi-disciplinary setting. The successful applicant will need to hold a valid, non-GDL Class 5 Drivers license and must be able to meet the requirements of site access as dictated by our clients, which may include pre-access drug and fitness testing. Eligiblity for or current membership in a relevant professional organization would be advantageous.
Reports to: Senior Environmental Scientist
Based at: Grande Prairie, Alberta
Job Purpose: This is an intermediate level role that requires the incumbent to understand technical, administrative and project management needs within an environmental consulting environment. This position is focused on providing support to the Portfolio and Project Managers within the Grande Prairie office. The incumbent is expected to have frequent and open communication with the Portfolio and Project Managers. This position requires a mainly office focused position in a demanding consultative environment.
- Working within the SiteView database, focused on but not limited to:
- Updating the Field Activity and Costs (MEMS and contractors) based upon field tickets
- Updating the following field: Tasks and Task Details; Surface Locations; Contamination; Lessons Learned; Site Reclamation; Planned Activities and Plan Details
- Pulling workplans, running queries or other reports as requested by PMs
- Completing uploads and downloads from client sites as directed by the PMs for reports and supporting documents; safety paperwork and ground disturbance packages; airphotos; others as needed.
- Searching and downloading file information and airphotos from client sites
- Preparation of ground disturbance packages
- Preparation of information requirements for agreements (Road Use, Crossing, Proximity)
- Submittal of Near Miss and Hazard IDs into CNRL Safety
- Upload of Phase 1, Phase 2, Remediation Reports and Record of Site Condition (RoSCs) into OneStop
- Building of RCAs in OneStop
- Updating tracking spreadsheets with work completed
- File compilation, organization of field data, interpretation of laboratory results, maps, survey plans and air photos.
- Ensuring the quality of processes and deliverables;
- Providing support for the Grande Prairie Equipment Centre through completing regular inventory, housekeeping, restocking, and pickup or drop off of equipment; and
- Other duties as required
Millennium EMS Solutions Ltd. (MEMS) is a dynamic environmental consulting company offering outstanding opportunities and long-term career advancement. Currently, MEMS employs over 130 employees in various disciplines including, hydrogeologists, engineers, soil scientists, foresters, vegetation ecologists, auditors, biologists, air quality experts, regulatory analysts, and reclamation specialists. MEMS utilizes an integrated approach that emphasizes cross-training disciplines to improve data collection and assessment efficiencies and provides MEMS professionals with enhanced technical skills. For more information about Millennium, see www.mems.ca.
MEMS offers an excellent benefits program, extra time banking and a performance bonus program. Please send your resume with a cover letter/email referencing the position number and title to the attention of Human Resources at email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.