Millennium EMS Solutions Ltd. (MEMS) is looking for an assessment and remediation professional to join our Assessment and Risk team to work on brownfield, industrial and/or commercial projects, primarily in urban environments. A minimum of 3 to 5 years of directly related experience in environmental site assessment and remediation, is required, preferable in a consulting environment. The candidate’s experience must include coordinating and executing Phase 1 ESAs, Phase 2 ESAs and remediation projects within an urban setting. Knowledge and experience with relevant provincial and federal legislation and familiarity with the environmental site assessment process is an asset. Preference will be given to those candidates who are capable of completing field work, have strong writing and interpersonal skills, organizational abilities and technical competency. The successful candidate must be self-motivated with a strong work ethic and be able to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary setting. MEMS presents opportunities to be crossed trained in other areas of MEMS technical disciplines and provides mentoring in the application of Tier 2 guidelines and site-specific risk assessments. In addition, the successful applicant will need to hold a valid, non-GDL Class 5 Drivers license and must be able to meet the requirements of site access as dictated by our clients which may include pre-access drug testing and fitness testing. The successful applicant must also be a member or eligible for membership in a relevant professional organization.
Reports to: Environmental Scientist
Based at: Calgary, Alberta
Job Purpose: The position requires a combination of office and field work (40/60 split) in a consultancy environment. This position is available immediately and duties include the following responsibilities:
- Undertaking or mentoring junior staff in the execution of Phase 1 ESAs for commercial and industrial properties. Senior reviewer for commercial/industrial Phase 1 ESAs.
- Developing work plans and costs estimates for Phase 1 ESAs, Phase 2 ESA’s and remediation projects for commercial or industrial clients. The development of these work plans must integrate site specific risk based solutions.
- Planning, organizing and executing field programs for Phase 1 and 2 ESA’s and remediation projects, including soil and groundwater assessments, with mentoring of senior staff.
- Downstream/urban earthworks activities associate with site remediation.
- Coordinating and working with contractors to implement ESA and remediation projects.
- Accurate field cost tracking of expenses and contractors.
- File compilation, organization of field data, interpretation of laboratory results and report writing.
- Communicate effectively with clients and internal personnel as required.
- Ability to work independently or in a team setting and the ability to make responsible decisions with the support and mentoring of senior staff; and
- other duties as assigned.
MEMS is a dynamic environmental consulting company offering outstanding opportunities and long term career advancement. Currently, MEMS employs over 130 employees in various disciplines including, hydrogeologists, engineers, soil scientists, foresters, vegetation ecologists, auditors, biologists, air quality experts, regulatory analysts and reclamation specialists. MEMS utilizes an integrated approach that emphasizes cross-training disciplines to allow for efficiencies in data collection and assessment and provides MEMS professionals with enhanced technical skills. See www.mems.ca for more information.
MEMS offers an excellent benefits program, extra time banking and a performance bonus program. Please send your resume with a cover letter/email referencing the position number and title to the attention of Human Resources at email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.