Education and Experience: Millennium EMS Solutions Ltd. (MEMS) is looking for an intermediate or senior water resources engineer to join our Calgary office where our business is growing, and opportunities for career development will challenge the candidates. The ideal candidate will have either mining experience or river engineering experience, or stormwater management experience, or a combination of these skills. The preferred candidate will have a Degree in Engineering from an accredited university with at least five years of diversified experience as a water resource engineer. The ideal candidate will be eligible for registration with APEGA and will be knowledgeable of regulatory policies related to water resources.
Reports To: Senior Water Resources Engineer
Location: Calgary, AB
Job Purpose: The successful candidate will be a great team player who is personable, responsible, and a great communicator. They will work closely with a senior water resources engineer, help to supervise staff, collaborate with other MEMS staff, and engage with clients.
Projects will include a wide range of work that will challenge the candidate to understand a variety of industries and hydrotechnical applications. In general, the projects will align with strong environmental stewardship and a focus on practical innovation. Projects include culvert design, water management plans for mining, water supply assessments, dam safety-related work, river engineering, natural channel design, operating rules for dams, or decision support for water management.
The work is expected to be primarily office-based in Calgary, but some travel may be required.
- Engage with a variety of clients.
- Conduct or supervise industry-standard hydrological and hydraulic analyses for water supply, hydrotechnical design basis: water quantity and quality assessment/modelling and prepare reports with recommendations.
- Contribute to river engineering, water management, dam safety, and water supply plans as part of a team.
- Contribute to engineering reports and designs as part of a team.
- Contribute to standards, systems, and work processes related to water resources engineering.
- Develop monitoring strategies and plans.
- Interpret guidelines and requirements by regulators.
- Keep abreast of news and new developments related to regulatory requirements for water, water resources engineering, river engineering, water supply planning, mine water management, natural channel design, flood mitigation, and dam safety.
- Proficient knowledge in the use of Excel spreadsheet and similar tools
- Class 5 driver’s licence
- Certification in other industry-standard safety programs will be considered an asset
Millennium EMS Solutions Ltd. (MEMS) is a dynamic environmental consulting company offering outstanding opportunities and long-term career advancement. Currently, MEMS employs over 130 employees in various disciplines including, hydrogeologists, engineers, soil scientists, foresters, vegetation ecologists, auditors, biologists, air quality experts, regulatory analysts, and reclamation specialists. MEMS utilizes an integrated approach that emphasizes cross-training of disciplines to allow for efficiencies in data collection and assessment and provides MEMS professionals with enhanced technical skills. For more information about Millennium, see www.mems.ca.
MEMS offers an excellent benefits program, extra time banking and a performance bonus program. Please send your resume with a cover letter/email referencing the position number and title to the attention of Human Resources at email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.